Posted on Thursday, March 29th, 2018 at 12:51 pm by Mike
5 Reasons Why Your Unrepairable Jewelry Can Actually Be Repaired!
Do you know the benefits of laser welding technology? If you haven’t heard of this repair technique, here are 5 reasons why you should consider it the next time your jewelry needs a fix.
- Laser welding allows for PINPOINT ACCURACY. When adding to tight areas, in particular tips of heads, settings, channels, and jump rings, laser welding allows the jeweler to reach areas that might be inaccessible otherwise. THIS IS GREAT FOR VINTAGE PIECES AND ANYTHING SENTIMENTAL.
- With this technology, the jeweler can avoid unmounting your stone and ultimately CUT DOWN ON LABOR, RISK, AND TIME.
- Laser welded jewelry is MORE DURABLE in comparison to traditional soldering or torching which tends to produce more brittle tips.
- You can FILL BLEMISHES AND DEEP SCRATCHES.
- Lasering metal is a no-heat process that allows the jeweler to work with precision and delicate filigree, ALLOW FOR UNREPAIRABLE JEWELRY TO BE REPAIRED.
If you have any questions or need a repair, come by the store to talk to one of our 9 experienced Jewelers and our Master Bench Jeweler, Cord Criss.